Old Borough Police Station
Site of former Borough Police Station
The importance of Haverfordwest during and for some time after the medieval period is shown by the granting of county status. The status of county entitled Haverfordwest to its own police force although only after the Municipal Corporation Act 1835 did an organised (albeit it extremely modest) force appear.
The police station situated here was a dwelling house, occupied by a constable, with one room used for police purposes, but was never a gaol.
After the Local Government Act 1888 this Borough Force merged with the Pembrokeshire Constabulary. This awkwardly situated building was demolished shortly after.
On the other side of St Mary’s Street is the first in this line of historic buildings...